COGG made Irish classes available online last year in collaboration with Gaelchultúr for teachers, for the first time. These classes build on the work that is done during COGGs Intensive Irish Course that is run in August to support teachers who are teaching through the medium of Irish.
We are offering the same classes again this year starting on the dates shown below. Free except a €50 deposit applies*
The Irish language course is a 10 week-long course suitable for post-primary teachers in the Gaelcholáistí and Gaeltacht schools. The goal of the course is to help the participants learn grammatically correct Irish with the necessary vocabulary. The course is run in collaboration with Gaelchultúr and your registration details will be shared with COGG.
*If you attend 8 or more classes, you will receive a €50 refund.
The classes are provided at different levels to support teachers in finding the most suitable level for them. COGG understands very well the crisis that exists in relation to the recruitment of teachers, especially teachers with a high standard in Irish.
The following are the details and the registration link relating to the classes (led by Gaelchultúir) but you can contact the COGG office at [email protected] at any time if you have any questions.
1. Courses will commence the week starting 2nd October 2023.
2. Ten week course and a two hour class each week is what the course entails.
3. There will be a mid-term break (30/10/23 to 3/11/23).
4. The final week of classes will be held the week starting 4th December 2023.
5. Maximum of 18 participants per level and a minimum of 6 participants.
6. €100 to be paid by teachers but if they attend 8 or more of the classes, a refund of €50 will be repaid to them.
· Bunrang 2 (A2) Tuesday 3 October, 7-9pm Online (zoom)
· Meánrang 1 (B1) Tuesday 3 October, 7-9pm Online (zoom)
· Meánrang 2 (B2) Wednesday 4 October, 7-9pm Online (zoom)
· Ardrang 1 (C1) Wednesday 4 October, 7-9pm Online(zoom)
More information about the nature of the classes:
Gaelchultúr has developed high-quality notes, leaflets, syllabus and online resources for adult learners of Irish for the past eighteen years. All courses taught by Gaelchultúr are learner-centred and the communicative approach is always used. Useful and practical language is taught and emphasis is placed on participation and the social aspect of the language. Gaelchultúr is of the opinion that learning Irish should be fun and that the process should be very satisfying. Irish grammar is taught in a very interactive way. There is a strong emphasis on pair and group work, role-playing activities and language games in classes. The learners are given the opportunity to take a central and active part in each class rather than the teacher doing all the talking. Participants are given a certificate of attendance at the end of the course.